The historical Festival "ODRIUZA - Cradle of the Thousand Cities" is an event dedicated to the reproduction of the material and spiritual culture of the Thracian civilization and the state tradition of the Odrysian kingdom (town of σασίλειον Ὀδρυσῶν).
The festival is held every year (in July), on the territory of the"HISTORICAL PARK" - a unique kind of "Museum of Living History", built in the village of Neofit Rilski, Varna region, Bulgaria.
The organisers of the festival are "Historical Park" AD and the Association for Historical Reeanctment "BULGARIAN SCHOOL OF ANCIENT WARFARE - VELICHIE".
Program of the Festival
The festival "ODRIUZA - Cradle of the Thousand Cities" opens officially at 11:00. on the first day of the festival.
The festival will be held on the territory of "HISTORICAL PARK" in the area of Ancient Thrace, and the festival program will include:
FIRST DAY /30th of JULY 2022/
1. Odrysian royal feast, "WINE OF THE GODS" / 30.07.2022 /
• Ritual for welcoming guests / 10:00. - 12:00 /;
• Wine ritual of brotherhood / 12:00 - 13:00 /;
• Royal Feast / 13: 00 - 14: 00 /;
• Presentations of associations for historical reeactment, free reenactors, master craftsmen, musicians and artists from Bulgaria and abroad / 14:00 - 18:00 /;
• Air show with birds of prey / 19: 00 - 20: 00 /;
• Performance "The Thracian Royal Feast" / 20:00 - 21:00 /;
DAY II / 31st of July 2022 /
2. Thracian war games "ARETE" (Ancient Greek: ἀρετη - race, competition)
• running - stadium and hoplitodromos
• high jump;
• throwing - discus and pallet (a heavy and round stone);
• duel (with weapons) / - monomachia;
• fist fight - pygmachia;
• wrestling - pale and pankration;
• pentathlon - pentathlon (long jump, javelin throw, discus throw, racing and wrestling).
The awarding of the winners will take place during the closing ceremony of the Festival "ODRIUSA - The Cradle of the Thousand Cities", from 17:00. on the last day of the festival.